Friday, October 24, 2008

Ode to My Coffee Maker and Coffee and My Son and Kitties...

Oh Coffee Maker, how I love thee. At night before my rest, I fill thy well with water. I replace thy filter, and fill it with the grounds of goodness ( i.e. Hazlenut Creme Folgers Gourmet). In the morning, whilst I stumble around, I turn on thy button, and life stirs.

After mine shower, I run to you and pour thy coffee goodness into mine cup. I add the Splenda, the skim milk and the dash of Nestle Quik chocolate mix. I stir with all of mine heart and I take a sip.

The Gods sing and the angels dance. It is like purest heaven flowing down my throat.

OK ENOUGH OF THAT. But seriously, without the coffee, I would be a zombie drone in the morning, and my poor son would never be let out of his crib.

Speaking of Dylan, he is such a charmer in the morning! Ever the morning person (damn him), I open his door and I say, " Goodmorning Dylan!" If he is not standing already, he pops up and shrieks in happiness. I walk over to his crib and hold my arms out for a hug. He grins widely and runs into my arms for a chest breaking hug. I lift him out and change his diaper, I usually have a bottle of warm milk ready for him, it's his favorite.

He giggles and shrieks and makes all kinds of happy noises. Man I love him so much.

Oh and Kitties! Poor Cheyanne and Misty are just never going to get along. But dammit if I don't love them both. Misty slept on my chest last night while I was on the couch. ( Don't ask... *sigh*) She is such the sweet baby. I am so glad God placed her in our lives. Even The Man is favoring her.

OK laters folks, I got a pot of coffee to finish in a hour.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... you make coffee a serious treat. That sounds yummy!