Thursday, August 21, 2008

God works in Mysterious Ways...

About 6 months ago, we had to put my cat, Brooklynn to sleep. She was suffering from feline lukemia. She was my baby, my sweetheart, my little love. She was silver grey, with orange markings. My favorite feature about her was an orange toe she had. Just one toe on her right foot. My husband and I called it her Lord of the Rings Toe. The descision to put her down was the hardest one I have ever had to do. Her and my other cat, Cheyanne were sisters of a sort, we both got them at the same time. Chey was Sean's cat, and Brookie was mine.

Flash forward to 6 months later. We move into our new house in Wichita Falls, Texas. Life is going wonderfully! My husband and I are sitting on the front porch when a kitty runs across the road. We both call to her and she meows back, pitifully. It takes about 5 minutes when she finally comes up to us. It was very dark and kind of foggy outside. So I run inside, grab some cat food and bring it to her. She immediately starts chowing down like she hasn't eaten in weeks.

Sean goes back into the house, and I stay outside watching her, meowing to her and she meows back to me. I finally feel that she will let me pet her and so I do. She instantly starts loving it! From the light of the garage, I can kind of see her coloring. It seemed to be dark grey with some lighter patches. This kind of perplexes me. I do an evaluation on her condition. Very skinny, and I could tell she was about 5 or six months old. I go to get Sean and he comes back outside to pet her as well.

He turns on the porch light and we both were floored. She was a silver grey with orange markings. The kicker was on her right foot, one toe was completely orange. Just like Brooklynn. We both couldn't believe it! It seems that my sweet baby girl was back, but in a new, healthy kitty body. This was 4 days ago and she has been around ever since. She takes off for a few hours but usually comes back.

We named her Misty, because of the fog that night. I almost wanted to call her Brooklynn 2. I know she isn't the same cat, but it seemed that God gave my family a second chance with my little darling. Thank you God, this means more to me than you know.

0 comments: