Thursday, August 28, 2008

I want a dog...

I have been without my own dog for, what... since 1999. A long time. I am a huge animal person. I have had cats since moving out of my parents house. Cats are awesome, great to cuddle and nice because they can basically take care of themselves.

But Dogs... man they are wonderful. Mans best friend is not just a saying. I long for doggie kisses, having my pup lay by my feet as I blog, taking him on walks, his head on my lap when we are on the couch, following me around the house, playing ball, you name it. To me, the perfect dog is a bigger dog, the little yippers like Chihuahua's and Maltese are not dogs, those are just glorified cats who bark. I mean you look at a Chihuahua wrong and they shake. No, no this is not a dog. A real dog is one you can wrestle with, throw a ball or frisbee around, take them to the lake and have them swim after sticks. The pure joy that radiates of out a dog when they play, or when you get their special spot when you pet them is priceless.

I want a Golden, or a German Sheppard, or well any bigger dog. So, Jess, you say, you have a house now, get a dog!

Alas, I can't. We are renting and the landlords forbid dogs, we even had to finagle them letting us keep our cat. With a 300 dollar pet deposit later, we got to keep Cheyanne, and that was a challenge. Apparently the last few renters they had here, their dogs tore up the house, the yard, got loose and chased cars down the street, you name it. SO I understand why they a leary about them.

But we are good tenants. They have already been by to fix a few minor things, and have complimented us on the house, and how the yard is beautimus. So MAYBE we can sweettalk them later on into letting us have a pooch. The yard we have has a 8 foot privacy fence, and the actual pack yard is gigantic. Perfect for fetching and playing around.

The actual main reason is selfish, I want a puppy that loves me the most. All of our animals have always gravitated to The Man. They have all been female as well. So I want a boy dog to be MY buddy.

But another reason is for Dylan. I have read and even seen how well he responds to animals. Our cats make a wide orbit from him, but a big ol silly doggy for him to chase and play with would be wonderful. There is a lot of talk about Autism Therapy Dogs, and this got me to thinking. What if I got a dog, and trained to to be Dylan's companion?

Reguardless of my motif, I want a dog... sooo bad.

1 comments:

Mo said...

You want Delighla??!? I'd be happy to oblige! lol