Saturday, September 6, 2008

I fell off the wagon or I am tha WOMAN!

So yesterday, after 7 days of non-smoking, I bought a pack of smokes. Ultra-lights to make myself feel better. I know they have the same amount of nicotine as the normal cigs, but it does make me feel not as bad. The worse thing is, is that I smoked and then The Man smoked too. One whole week of being clean smelling, nice fresh kisses and having my lungs not hurt, and dammit I am back again.

Why do we smoke? What is the draw of it? I have no idea, and yet, I have a great idea of why. There are poisons and addictive thingies in cigarettes that make you want them. That and I am proud to say, is that I have an oral fixation, and I need to be doing things with my mouth.

So, instead of eating myself obese and slowly killing myself with food, I will slowly kill myself with smoking. It's a lose lose situation. But at least I'll be skinny. >.<

We went shopping yesterday, just to look around, maybe add a little more debt to the credit card. Both the man and I were feeling bored, so we hauled Dylan into the car and went to eat and stopped by Lowes. ZOMG they had a 2 seater swing that we have been searching for. It was only 75 dollars! WOW. So we cram it into the back of our Saturn Vue and drive home happy. We get home, Dylan has fallen asleep, and The Man starts his homework.

I put on my ballcap, and march up to the swing box. See, in our family, I am the man. I build things, put everything together, grill the food, mow the lawn... you get the drift. I enjoy it. I am also the NON-bread winner in our household, so I do these things to, yah know, earn my keep. So I proceed to put the swing together, and it rocks. The Man is thankful and it is a good day.

Other than the smoking. Oye Vey.

0 comments: